JEDI = Justice, Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
The A&S JEDI Council will meet twice per year – once during the fall semester and once during the spring semester. Meetings will consist of brief updates. A&S websites, A&S reports, or both could be informed by all A&S JEDI-related initiatives.
What are the goals of the A&S JEDI Council?
- Capture all JEDI-related work in A&S
- Learn strategies and experiences from one another
- Explore the potential to align projects
- Share resources
- Serve as mentors for members of the A&S community interested in starting a new multidisciplinary A&S JEDI Collaborative
What constitutes an A&S JEDI Initiative or Collaborative?
- Individual faculty and program-level initiatives are happening throughout A&S; continuation of these initiatives, and the development of new initiatives, are encouraged.
- The chair of each department- and program-level initiative is encouraged to submit a brief annual report to Dean Kersten by May 1st of each year so that A&S can document, highlight, and learn from all such initiatives throughout the college.
- Distinct from individual or program-level initiatives, A&S “collaboratives” are college-level in that they involve more than one A&S department, consist of multidisciplinary projects (e.g., Inclusive Teaching; D&I in faculty & staff hiring & retention), or both.
Who are the members of the A&S JEDI Council?
- A&S – Dean
- A&S JEDI Collaboratives – Project Lead/Chair of Each Collaborative (see above)
- All Rise – A Festival of Film and Law – Representative
- CD-CAVS – Representative
- CSU Poetry Center – Hilary Plum
- Cultural Crossings – Representative
- Diverse Voices Speaker Series – Representative
- Faculty Leaders Advancing Gender Equity in STEM (FLAGS) – Mike Horvath
- Howard A. Mims African American Cultural Center – Coordinator, Prester Pickett
- Initiative Funded by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute – Representative
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP) – Sara Froehlich
- The Math Corps Cleveland (Math Corps) – Representative
- McNair Scholars Program – Director, Ángel Reyes-Rodriguez
- Operation STEM – Sara Froehlich
- Women’s and Gender Studies – Patty Stoddard Dare
- President's Award for Excellence in Diversity: 2014 (COSHP)
- President's Award for Excellence in Diversity: 2019, 2015, 2014 (CLASS)
- President’s Diversity Special Award for Collaboration, 2014 (CLASS)