Domestic/International Freshmen and Transfer Applicants
Undergraduate: How to apply
- Submit a general application to Cleveland State University. Admissions; International Admissions for Undergraduate Students
Within the university application, please select Pre-Music. If you are considering more than one major within Music, you still need only one (1) CSU application.
- Music Application: Prospective undergraduate students are required to attend an Audition Day. Auditions are currently scheduled to take place on campus in person. (If University COVID Protocols change, we will return to virtual Audition Days). Applicants must audition and/or interview in January, February, or March to ensure entrance and scholarship consideration.
- To register for a specific date, you must submit a School of Music Application Form on which you will be asked to provide general information and musical background. If you wish to apply for more than one major within Music, you may submit on one form.
Video Option for Out of State and International Students:
- Traveling to Cleveland would present a hardship as I am at least 200 miles away. I will submit a video containing the appropriate audition repertoire per the instructions on the CSU School of Music website: Undergraduate Audition Requirements.
- Upload your audition to YouTube, Vimeo, etc., and email links to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2023 – Spring 2024 Audition Days
To guarantee an audition spot, applications must be received at least 2 weeks before your desired audition date
|School of Music Application Form|
Before any candidate can be admitted to any music program (BA or BM), one must complete an audition/interview and music theory/ear training exam at one of the dates indicated above. Auditions are currently scheduled to take place on campus in person. (If University COVID Protocols change, we will return to virtual Audition Days). For more specific information about the audition requirements, Undergraduate Audition Requirements.
Interview and Application Requirements - Music Composition, Music Education
- MUSIC COMPOSITION - Students wishing to pursue the Bachelor of Music in Composition are required to meet with Dr. Andrew Rindfleisch, Coordinator of the Composition Program. Please contact Dr. Rindfleisch directly to schedule a meeting.
- MUSIC EDUCATION, please click here.
Music Theory and Musicianship Placement
All incoming freshman and undergraduate transfer students who have not received college credit for music theory and musicianship courses are required to take the music theory and musicianship placement exam to be admitted by the School of Music on the day of their audition.
Music Talent Scholarships
The School of Music offers talent-based music scholarships to qualified incoming freshmen, transfer students, and current students regardless of major in return for participation in the School of Music ensembles. Candidates must audition and/or interview in January, February, or March to ensure entrance and Music Talent Scholarship. Applicants must demonstrate a high level of achievement in their performance at the audition. Competition for the Music Talent Scholarships is highly competitive. Talent scholarships may be applied as payment to cover tuition and fees. All questions about the Music Talent Scholarships and requirements should be directed to Kate Bill, Recruiter/ Enrollment Administrator for the School of Music at 216-687-5039 or email@example.com.
CSU Scholarships for Incoming Freshman and Transfer Students (non-music)
Incoming freshmen and transfer students are automatically considered for scholarships once they are admitted to Cleveland State. In some cases, individual scholarships will require a separate application. All students are encouraged to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). For more information, please refer to scholarships or financial aid at Cleveland State University.
For questions regarding Undergraduate admissions contact the Music Undergraduate Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org (216-687-5039)