Attention History and Social Studies Majors!!!!
You’re invited to an Advising Open House
Get ready to register for Spring and Summer 2023!
Thursday, October 13, 2022, from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
History Department Conference Room, Rhodes Tower 1316 AND via Microsoft® Teams at our Online Advising Center
Meet with a Faculty Advisor to:
- Learn about all of the History Department’s course offerings for Spring and Summer 2023;
- Review the requirements for the major;
- Plan your Spring and Summer schedules before you register!
An A&S Advisor will be available to answer questions about college and Gen Ed requirements.
A CEPA Advisor will also be available to help Social Studies majors with CSUTeach licensure advising.
Already have a major?
Think about a double major or a minor in History. A minor in History consists of 18 credits in history, of which at least 12 must be earned at the 300-level or above. You may have already completed most of these courses, so why not add a History minor? Come to the Advising Open House and find out more!
Direct Message advisors on Twitter on October 13 between 11:30 am-12:30 pm with any questions and to request information about our programs!
How to Attend
- Go to http://bit.ly/CSU_HISadvising or access MS Teams through your campus webmail. Clicking on the nine squares in the upper left corner. Choose Teams from the dropdown. Click on “History Department Online Advising Center.” If you are not already a member of the team, you can request access.
- Once in the Team, you can post general questions in the channel or ask for a private instant message or phone call meeting.
- Students can access your private online advising folder through the “Class Notebook” If you have a copy of your major checksheet or other notes you want to share with your advisors, you may upload them to your individual notebook.
Unable to Attend
Schedule an appointment with your advisor via Starfish or contact Carolyn Kinkoph,
History Department Administrative Secretary, at email@example.com with inquiries.